***CLICK HERE FOR CALL IN: Srpski, Magyar, Shqip, български, Português, македонски, Español, Română, Italiano, Français and Romanes
Are you a Proud Roma? Have you got a talent to show the world?
Now’s your chance – Applications for ERIAC’s PROUD ROMA TALENT competition are now OPEN! APPLY NOW until 22 November and compete with other Roma talents around Europe for a chance to win the 3000€ grand prize!
The European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture – ERIAC is thrilled to launch its newest online talent competition – PROUD ROMA TALENT – celebrating Roma culture, identity, and heritage. This year, we welcome video submissions in music, dance and all other performance genres to show the world that Roma identity is plural, diverse and rich!
The competition is launched in the framework of the Proud Roma, Free Europe transnational campaign and runs in parallel to our ongoing census campaigns in Serbia, Hungary and Kosovo*.
All European self-declared Roma are eligible to apply.
1st place: 3.000 EUR
2nd place: 2.000 EUR
3rd place: 1.500 EUR
++ Contestants from SERBIA, HUNGARY and KOSOVO are also eligible to win one of three 1000 EUR Special Prizes awarded nationally by our partners Opre Roma Srbija, 1Hungary Initiative / Roma Sam, and OPRE ROMA Kosovo.
+++ Contestants who submit their videos via TikTok with the hashtag #proudromatalent are also eligible to win a 500 EUR TikTok Audience Award.
Who can participate?
Self-declared Roma amateur or professional performers from Europe. Individual and group entries are both welcome.
Which talents are eligible?
All artistic and performative talents are accepted in THREE CATEGORIES: MUSIC, DANCE, and other PERFORMANCE genres including acrobatics, circus disciplines, magic, poetry, spoken word, slam poetry, etc.
How to participate?
Submit your video by filling out the online application form by 23:59 CET 22 November, 2022.
How are winners selected?
All eligible videos will be uploaded by the ERIAC Team to ERIAC’s Facebook Page within 48 hours after submission. Videos will gain views over a 1-month period until 30 November, 2022.
The top 21 most-viewed videos (7 per category) on ERIAC’s Facebook page will be shortlisted and evaluated by an international jury that will select the 1st, 2nd and 3rd-place winners.
++ The top 10 most-viewed videos per country from Serbia, Hungary and Kosovo will be shortlisted for the Special Prizes. One Special Prize will be awarded per country by local Roma movements Opre Roma Srbija in Serbia, 1Hungary Initiative / Roma Sam in Hungary and OPRE ROMA Kosovo in Kosovo. [1st, 2nd and 3rd-place winners are not eligible for the Special Prizes.]
+++ Eligible applicants who submit their videos via TikTok (i.e. who publish their videos on TikTok with the hashtag #proudromatalent and send the TikTok video link in the application form) will compete for the TikTok Audience Award. The top most-liked video on TikTok will win 500 EUR.
What are the rules?
Please read the rules carefully. Submissions that do not follow the rules will not be accepted.
- Videos shall be minimum 45 seconds and maximum 2 minutes long;
- Contestants can perform alone or in a group;
- Each contestant/group can apply only once (ie. appear in 1 video); if a submission is eligible for different categories, the contestant must choose one.
- The video must be recorded after the publication of this call (after 26 October, 2022);
- The video can be recorded with a camera or smartphone. The quality of the video does not influence the jury’s decision.
- Videos that include copyrighted music are accepted but might be muted automatically by Facebook. The jury will review the original videos with sound.
- Videos submitted in the last days of the submission period may be published after the submission deadline. Please note that those videos will have 8 extra days (until 30 November, 2022) to be shared and gain views!
- The application form must be filled out in English but the required fields on the application form will be available in other languages.
- The earlier you submit your video, the bigger your chances to gain more views!
- By participating in the online competition, participants permit ERIAC to store their contact details for providing further information or opportunities. ERIAC will not pass participants’ data to third parties.
What is the competition timeline?
Videos can be submitted via the online application form starting 26 October, 2022 until 23:59 CET 22 November, 2022. Videos submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
Winners will be announced on 9 December, 2022 on the ERIAC Facebook page and website. Jury members will be announced in November 2022.
Show your pride. Showcase your talent. APPLY NOW.